On November 19, USAID Zrda Activity in Georgia presented the results the project achieved during 5+ years. US Ambassador to Georgia Kelly Degnan joined USAID/Georgia Mission Director Peter Wiebler, Minister of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia, Levan Davitashvili, Senior Vice President Europe & Eurasia Chemonics International, Tetyana Dudka, and USAID/Zrda Chief of Party, Ketevan Tchumburidze to celebrate the successful conclusion of the USAID Zrda Activity in Georgia.
Zrda’s major achievements by the end of 5+ years are as follows:
- USD 41,861,603 Sales generated by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME);
- 1,241 businesses managed to generate increased sales in 6 regions;
- 3,500 jobs, 1,706 full-time jobs were created;
- 18,480 households increased their income by at least 25 %;
- 45% increase of resiliency for beneficiary communities to cope with shocks to livelihoods;
- 5,119 stakeholders implementing risk-reducing practices/actions to improve resilience to livelihood shocks as a result of Zrda assistance;
- USD 6,196,794 funds leveraged from Government of Georgia (GoG) and other sources for infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects;
- 26,070 beneficiaries using improved infrastructure services in Zrda target regions.